Some of the issues discussed:-
1. JOHESU Strike and he promised to talk with the Ministers of Health and Labour, today Friday, 25th May, 2018
2. National Drug Control Bill discussed throughly
3. Mental Health Bill also discussed
4. Bill on Codeine and Tramadol by House of Reps (Reps propose N2m fine, two-year imprisonment for Corporate offenders and N500,000.00 or Two-year jail or both and discussed
5. Pharmacy Council of Nigeria law for assent as confirmed by the two chambers.
6. Senate President, Senator Abubakar Bukola Saraki as the Special Guest of Honour @91st PSN Annual National Conference (Oluyole 2018). He gladly reconfirmed his acceptance to attend live.
7. We discussed on the need for mutual respect among health care team, hence the importance of interprofessional collaboration. He believes in the spirit of team work.
8. Implementation of National Health Act 2014 by allocating 1% of the Consolidated Revenue for the Basic Health Provision Fund. We appreciate him for that and many other issues.
I really appreciate the Senate President for receiving me twice within the span of 6 months. This speaks volume of how much he loves pharmacists and the profession. You can recall that he attended my inauguration and accepted our request to partner with PSN on the fight against drug abuse and he immediately grabbed it and today is history.
I will continue to use the power of Advocacy!.